Important Updates:

Virus Image

Please note that City Hall is closed to the public due to COVID-19. You may reach staff by phone or email.  For COVID-19 updates and resources, please click


City Commission/Committees FAQs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

FAQs - City Commissions/Citizen Advisory Groups

What are the City’s Commissions and Citizen Advisory Groups?

These commissions (known collectively as Citizen Advisory Groups or CAGs) provide input to the City Council and City staff on matters of interest to the community. City Commissions include the Planning Commission, Parks & Recreation Commission, Film Commission and Active Adult Commission.

How do I apply to serve on a City Commission/Citizen Advisory Group?

Complete and submit the application and return to City Hall. Persons are appointed to serve by the mayor with the consent of the city council. Each commission has five representatives and persons are appointed to serve 4-year terms.

When Do I Apply?

Persons can apply at any time. Applications will be held for one year and if any vacancies occur you may be invited for an interview.   Appointments occur in open session during city council meetings.

Who Can Serve on a Commission?

Four of the five members of the Planning Commission must live within the City limits. The other seat may be held by a non-City resident who is familiar with the issues of the community.

Film Commissioners are not required to live within City limits but shall have an interest in promoting, encouraging and assisting filming activities in the City.

A minimum of four of the five Parks Commissioners must live within the City, and no more than one member may live outside the City limits but must reside within Ventura County. There are also two student representatives who must be between the ages of 14-19 and reside within the boundaries of the Fillmore Unified School District. 

The Active Adult Commission consist of five members who must be residents of the city and at lest 50 years of age, one of whom shall be a councilmember who may be under 50 years of age.  

Who do I Contact for More Information?

Please contact Julie Latshaw, Administrative Assistant (805) 524-1500 ext. 234.

Business Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 4:00PM (Closed alternate Friday's click here for  the Holiday, Closed Friday and Council Calendar)

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer