Important Updates:

Virus Image

Please note that City Hall is closed to the public due to COVID-19. You may reach staff by phone or email.  For COVID-19 updates and resources, please click


Frequently Asked Water Utility Questions

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

            Frequently Asked Water Utility Questions

  • When is my water utility bill due?

    Utility bills are due on bill date; however, you have a grace period of 19 days to pay before late charges are accessed.

  • What are my options to pay my bill?

    Pay online with credit card or check at

    Pay by phone with credit card or check by calling 805-524-1500

    Pay by mail or drop box outside City Hall with check or money order.

    Pay in person with check, credit card or cash.

    Sign up for autopay by submitting an application along with a voided check to the water department. Applications available online at

  • What is the late payment charge?

    A 5% late fee will be applied to the total unpaid balance. A 1.5% per month interest charge will be applied on any unpaid previous balance and will continue thereafter until paid. The late charge will be applied on the 20th day after bill date if payment has not been received.  

  • When will my service be disconnected if payment is past due?

    Service will be disconnected if payment is not received within 60 days of original bill date.  A reconnection fee will be applied.

    Reconnection fees are as follows:

            1st Occurrence = $70.00  2nd Occurrence = $80.00  3rd Occurrence = $90.00 or $50.00 if qualify

    Please ensure payment is made in person before 3:00 pm for same day service reconnection.

  • Can I get an extension to pay my bill?

    All extension requests must be received prior to FINAL delinquent notice. Extensions may be granted to a user on a case by case basis, however, only up to 2 extensions per calendar year may be granted. Extension requests provide an additional 7 days from the scheduled shut off date to pay past due charges and are non-negotiable. Extension form is available online at

  • Does the City offer payment plans?

    Yes the City offers payment plans for qualified customers. Please refer to payment plan form for qualifications.  Payment plan request must be received prior to FINAL delinquent notice. Payment plan form and information is available online at 

  • How can I dispute my bill?

Users have the right to appeal any water service bill or delinquent notice. Water service bill appeals must be made in writing and received by the finance department within 10 calendar days from the date of billing. Delinquent notice appeals must be made within 5 calendar days from the date of the delinquent notice. All requests must contain the reason for the appeal and documentation supporting the appeal.   No appeal shall apply to a delinquent notice if the original water service bill has been previously appealed.


For additional questions please call the Water Department at 805-524-1500 ext. 136. To view our water utility forms and policy visit


Version 1.0-2/1/2020